Monday, March 2, 2009

Singles wards are the same no matter how far north you go.

12:07 PM - This stake centre has an extra-special layout conducive to young single adult interaction. For some, this is an excellent stage to gather material from gems to relate to those special someones that live in another state yet share the same appreciation for the things that make life fulfilling. The chapel has only only set of doors at the rear. There is a large waiting area lined with a greater-than-usual amount of couches. Big windows and lots of leisurely churchgoers make me feel like I am in a showroom for the single people putting themselves on the market. Not wanting to make the architect's effort in vain, I decided that It is my duty to talk to someone. The form-fitting purple skirt with hair that appears to be washed with clorox? naw. The very snug light blue blouse with long rampant brunnette curls that appear to have been prepared with a deep fryer?? meh. The specimen hiding behing the door that weighs in at 300 lbs and has a vibrant purple cast on her wrist? Yes please.
"oh hey, I like your cast" i throw in a flirtateous smile as I draw nearer in a swift gliding fashion.
"Thank You!" she can barely disguise her excitment.
I point to my velcro wrist brace, "I had a purple one too but they took it off." Lie. I followed this lie with an even better lie. Drawing upon my keen sense of deduction (it was winter in canada) I inquire, "OMG did you slip on the ice outside on the stairs too?"
"oh my gosh yeah! its so nasty i fell so hard!"
I went ahead and feigned some empathy for her but really was feigning sympathy. My counterpart in the conversation then got too excited too fast, so i graciously yet promptly excused myself from the showroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment